Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Friday, April 18, 2008

Father

God relates to us as a Father, in the most intimate way. The earthly fathers he gives us are imperfect but real representations of God's love for us, and the ways He gives Himself for us in so many ways...

Father

God wanted to show what He’s like,
And so He gave men His own name:
He called them “Father”, gave His love,
And gave great strength a smile could tame…

The men He gave His image to,
Will often stumble, often fall;
But still, when you look past the scars,
You see their love shine through it all…

And though they fail so many times
It’s God we read between the lines…

1 Comments:

Blogger Brianna Graber said...

I finally got to actually read it slowly... :-) I really enjoyed this one, Ben. And I know you'll be the most incredible father, though you'll fall at times. I love you!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home