Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thanksgiving

Last Thanksgiving was a difficult day as I was asked to give thanks in the midst of heartache, and even give thanks for the trials themselves... Now so much has changed in the year since - I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams! I have so much to be thankful for!

Thanksgiving

My memories build a faded portrait
Of shadowed valleys, life at night,
When gratitude became a choice
Because my pain had dimmed my sight,

But that depression has opened to
A sunlight field with butterflies,
Where counting blessings is as hard
As measuring the width of sky…

Here in the field the pain’s forgotten;
I dance with joy for all God’s done,
I thank Him for each blade of grass
And for delicious drops of sun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brianna Graber said...

I enjoyed that one immensely, Ben... as I do all of your poetry! I especially enjoyed this one, though...you have a beautiful gift with words. I love you!

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Brianna... I love you too, with all my heart...

~Ben

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home