Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Monday, December 10, 2007

Adios

The saga travels on,
But pieces of our hearts are left behind
As last goodbyes are said
And we’re called to new chapters in time…

The saga travels on,
Tears speak our pain as we must turn the page—
Our last goodbyes are said,
As we are carried to a different stage…

The saga travels on,
As dying hopes give way to our despair,
Our last goodbyes are said
And followed by our broken-hearted prayers…

The saga travels on,
The night is long, but at dawn new hope is born,
Love tells a different story,
It sews together hearts that once were torn…

The saga travels on
Revealing what God’s planned through all the ages:
Redemption for mankind;
His grace and love are told through all the pages…

The saga’s perfect ending
Will speak the wonder of what God has penned;
Our last goodbyes were said
But we will someday see his face again…

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Carranza-Ballew said...

Hey there Ben,

Thanks for posting at my blog, it's wonderful to meet another fellow believer-blogger.

I love the poem as well, and I'm looking forward to being able to read more of what you've written. I write poetry occaisionally as well, although I've never really written anything about my relationship with God yet. I've been wanting to do so, but I haven't been able to get what I write about Him in poetry form, it usually comes out in prose. ;)

And the poetry I do write is always free form, never really been able to do the rhyming thing. You do it very well though, and it was very encouraging.

Many blessings

~Amanda

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Amanda! It is always neat to meet another fellow Christian poet, especially one who thinks outside of the box...
If you ever start writing more poetry, I'd love to read it if you want to share it!
Blessings,
Ben

7:24 AM  
Blogger Amanda Carranza-Ballew said...

You're very welcome Ben, and thank you for the encouragement to get back to my own poetry. I'm sure you didn't realize it, but reading your blog has helped me get back into writing poetry myself.

I found the Cross Way Poet's pages through your website, and I created a profile there, and I wrote a poem there as well.

My full name is Amanda R. Carranza, if you want to look at my page there.

I hope you have a wonderful last day of 2007! Happy New Year.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home