Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The One In A Million Guy

This poem is based on a poem I wrote 5 1/2 years ago. It is a reminder to me of the lack of faith that I too often have.
I've been realizing lately that we humans tend to be pessimistic, especially when it comes to relationships that have gone downhill. But we need to remember that we have a miracle worker who is aiding us, and His work is the ministry of reconciliation.

The One In A Million Guy

I find myself so quick to see
The tiny row of pebbles
As a giant wall of stone,
So quick to turn around,
Believing the wall too tall
To climb over;
The chances of scaling another wall,
Of surviving another fall,
Seem like one in a million,
So I retrace my steps, thinking
That evil has already won.
But one is at my side
Who is a one in a million type of guy:
He has fed thousands
With one boy’s lunch,
Gave healing to the sick,
Sight to the blind,
And who is living again though he died—
If I take will his hand,
And give another try,
I’ll see the impossible
Become possible.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a very special gift. It's neat to see you use it for God's glory and to express yourself in such a profound way.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Thank you, Grace...

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home