Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Drifting

This poem is for friends who seem to be trapped in a mindset that is leading them down the wrong path.

Drifting

I see the creek flow gently by,
I watch the leaves which drift along,
With prayers I seek to change the course,
But still naïve, they won’t turn ’round;

I see them drifting towards their doom,
Aware there’s no way I can save them—
I see no shift, as hope is dying,
The creek will flow till all is lost…

But in my fears I had forgotten
The greater sum that love provides;
For ever near, the hand of love
Will pluck them from the doom they face.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good; I like it. I've felt like that before. It's not a great feeling to watch a friend walk the wrong way, but it's good to know that I trust in God who is in control of all things. :-) As a side note, I'm not sure that "towards" is a proper usage of the word "toward," but I'd have to check on that.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Yes, if I didn't believe that God is in control, I think life would be filled with despair.
Thanks for the tip; my dictionary has toward/towards interchangeable, so I think it's ok the way that it is.

9:28 AM  
Blogger TreasureSeeker said...

The worst thing is when such friends think they are heading the right way.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

The worst thing is when such friends think they are heading the right way.
Unfortunately, when your friends are Christians, that is often the case. I can try to speak truth to them as I understand it, but it is still the Holy Spirit that has to do a revolutionary work in their lives.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home