Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Thursday, June 07, 2007

#19 - Puzzle Pieces

Poetically I like this poem, but it is not really one of my favorites; yet the idea behind this poem has been so incredibly inspiring. God, in His perfect plans, fits together everything that occurs in my life and in the lives of those around me for the good of each of us, just like the pieces of a puzzle. As the pieces fall together we all stand amazed at what God has done.

Puzzle Pieces

The pieces fall in place,
We see the picture being formed,
In awe we drop our heads,
Our hearts are taken by the storm,

The beauty overwhelms us,
The detail sweeps our words away,
As now we realize
That miracles take place each day;

Each piece which made no sense
Now fits into the perfect whole—
For everything that happens
God uses toward the final goal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brianna Graber said...

Beautiful! The message behind the poem is good. Sometimes- often, rather- we have no idea what God's doing ("Why this turn, God????"), yet in the end, all the pieces fit together in the perfect whole. I love the last two lines of the 1st stanza.

~Brianna

6:52 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Sometimes- often, rather- we have no idea what God's doing ("Why this turn, God????"), yet in the end, all the pieces fit together in the perfect whole.

Romans 8:28 is still my favorite verse of the Bible, because it is the perfect expression of this - "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him".

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is also one of my favorite verses and very inspiring to many of my stories. Watching God work is an amazing thing but often impossible to see as it's happening. Standing back to look, though, and it truly takes my breath away . . .

6:05 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Standing back to look, though, and it truly takes my breath away . . .

That that is a truly incredible experience...

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home