Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

#25 - Sunset

This poem was written before I understood meter, so it doesn't flow as smoothly as most of my later poems do, but the last stanza of this poem has continued to be an inspiration.

Sunset

The sun in its last moments
Is a blazing orange sphere
Shining full in its glory
Before it disappears;

Then a mural of color,
Of pink, orange, and blue
As sentimentally
The sun vanishes from view;

Before you realize it,
Darkness covers the sky
Without giving you a chance
To even say goodbye;

And all that you are left with
Is a bit of hope to cling—
For only our Father knows
What the morning might bring!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the last stanza, too. It's incredibly true. We can't see what God has for the future, but He has given us hope. One of my favorite things to do is look back on my life and see all the times God has been there for me, used me, and answered my prayers.

Jeremiah 29:11 has always been a hope and inspiration to me. "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, for a hope and a future."

2:23 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

That verse in Jeremiah is a really neat verse. God does have great plans for us, and so we put our hope in Him.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Brianna Graber said...

That was great! I'm looking forward to the upcoming poems- all of yours are always an inspiration in some way or another.

Blessings,
~Brianna

4:32 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

all of yours are always an inspiration in some way or another.


Thank you, Brianna... Little comments like that are so encouraging...

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home