Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wall of Fears

I’ve struggled a lot with natural fears of rejection, because of former wounds. But the Holy Spirit gave me the strength to persevere... And now... I’m free...

Wall of Fears

Each scar of old became a brick,
All formed together in a wall
Which strived to hold me back in fear;
A barrier of former tears—

But Christ called me to live in freedom,
And so He beckoned me to come,
To raze the wall of all my fears,
Forgetting days of former tears—

So I extended wounded wings,
Then pushed my way up towards the sky,
Ignoring pain caused by my fears,
Instead, I’m strengthened by my tears!

The walls below are gone from sight,
Now I taste freedom in the heavens,
Forever gone are all my fears,
Forgotten are my former tears…

5 Comments:

Blogger Brianna Graber said...

I've been waiting for you to post something new. ;-)

I really, really like this one...the brick wall idea provides a great mental image.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

I've been waiting for you to post something new. ;-)

Sorry... :-) The last one I wrote I submitted to the challenge on FaithWriters, so I don't think I'm really supposed to post it anywhere else until has been judged, just in case the judges happen to visit my blog. I'll post it some time next week.

"I really, really like this one...the brick wall idea provides a great mental image."

Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate this one.
When I started this one I wasn't sure how I wanted to do the rhyming, but I ended up really liking the way the rhymes turned out... :-)

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it very much, especially the scar/wall mind picture. You always have fresh ideas. It's neat that you can express how God's working in your life in this way. Sometimes I try, but I'm never pleased with how my poetry turns out. =P

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again (finally, yay!!) on Friday. =D

5:24 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

I like it very much, especially the scar/wall mind picture. You always have fresh ideas. It's neat that you can express how God's working in your life in this way.

I'm glad you like it, Grace...
Thank you for the compliment and the encouragement. Sometimes I wonder if my poetry is too vague, so it's always good to hear that someone appreciates it... :-)

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home