Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

#10 - More Beautiful From Tears

I actually wrote this poem the same day I wrote “Wounded Eagle”, during a season of heartache. Instead of clinging to bitterness I determined to grasp forgiveness and openess, believing that Father could use the tears to refine me. I have really appreciated the open ending, which leaves so much open to the amzing plans of God...

More Beautiful From Tears

It’s easy to instruct a friend
To toughen up and be a man,
But when your dreams have run away
You’ll start to understand;

When love has left you bound and gagged,
Your heart will comprehend the pain—
The stream of tears will carve a scar
And blood will leave a stain.

But if you hold no grudges
And open up your heart again,
The flower of your love is made
More beautiful from tears,
And then…

4 Comments:

Blogger Brianna Graber said...

That one was beautiful. It is so true that it's easy to tell someone what to do, to toughen up- till you've been there yourself. I like the lines "The flower of your love is made/More beautiful from tears,"

10:10 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

I like the lines "The flower of your love is made/More beautiful from tears,"

Those are my favorite lines as well, along with the "And then..."
Poetically the "And then..." is actually part of the same line as the "More Beautiful from tears"; I added a new line to stress the ending in a new way.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love it. That's such a great attitude to have, to hold no grudges and open up your heart again. No, you can't take away the pain, but you can choose your reaction--to handle the situation with God-given grace. That's when real strength and characters is realized, in and after hardship. God is always there for us, wishing to refine us into pure gold . . .

10:29 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

God is always there for us, wishing to refine us into pure gold . . .

Yes, I love it how He uses trials for our good. It makes it a lot easier to accept the trials that come, and learn to consider tham "pure joy"...

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home