Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Monday, April 02, 2007

One Wish

On contemplating what I want more than anything else, the one wish I would ask for, which is mine to receive...

One Wish

If I could ask for anything
And it would now be mine,
What would my heart chase after?
What treasure would I find?

I’ve had a taste of riches,
I’ve seen a glimpse of fame;
And pleasures run around my flesh,
All calling out my name—

But all the world provides is vain,
The only thing I need
Is love that Father’s holding out
Which I can now receive.

3 Comments:

Blogger TreasureSeeker said...

Ps 27:4 comes to mind...

4 One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

6:35 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

and what you so desperately want sometimes you stubbornly refuse to recieve.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many times have I contemplated the same thing in far less eloquent of words? You have a really great ability to share God's meaning and purpose with others. =D

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home