Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Closed and Open Doors

On Saturday I made the final payment on the mortgage of my condominium. I am praising God for allowing me to get out of debt so soon, and granting me so many blessings. It is interesting though, to look back and realize that if I had my dreams come true a couple of years ago, I would not have my condominium paid off today. God has brought me where I am today, and I am thankful for where He has me.

Closed and Open Doors

It’s not as if I hadn’t tried
To open up another door;
It just was slammed right in my face,
And all my knocks have been ignored—

So I am here today because
My Father pushed me towards this path,
But here, where every door is open
I see His faithfulness at last—

I’m thankful for this door, revealing
Such blessings I have never known;
Once led through paths of sacrifice,
I now taste the fruit that God had sown!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a huge blessing to be debt free so soon. It's really amazing for me to sit back and look at all the prayers God has answered in my life, the last week, even. I'm amazed at the abundance of His blessing and provision. It's a great feeling to know that He holds my future in His hands, and that He's working on me right now.

Sometimes it's really disappointed to watch God close a door, but to see Him open the right door at the right time . . . there really is no denying His hand in that. Patience is such a small sacrifice when compared to its reward. The words of your poem say it best:

Such blessings I have never known;
Once led through paths of sacrifice,
I now taste the fruit that God had sown!

9:59 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Congratuations Ben! That is some good news.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Patience is such a small sacrifice when compared to its reward.

Very true... I think we get into a lot of trouble by not waiting patiently. It usually comes down to a lack of faith; we don't trust God with the future, so we grab all we can today.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Congratuations Ben! That is some good news.

Thanks, Sarah. It is exciting to see God's faithfulness to provide in this area!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home