Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Single Word

This is not a very creative poem, but it is a simple expression of the importance of keeping my mouth shut when something negative comes to my lips.

Single Word

A band of angels waited
For just a single spoken word;
One gasped command would change the world
When all of Heaven would be stirred,

But love had left him silent
And grace had overcome the pain;
Therefore his blood now falls on us
To wash away our sinful stains—

So when temptation calls my name
And brings a single word of hate,
Remembering the calm of love
I seal my lips ’til storms abate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's simple, but it's very true, and needs to be said!

God created the heavens and the earth with the spoken word.

Death and Life are in the power of the tongue, and we will be held accountable for every idle word we speak.

It's so important, and not to be taken lightly.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Country Victorian said...

This is very good, are you the author? Your thoughtful words encouraged me.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home