Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Friday, June 22, 2007

Petal Pieces

The Holy Spirit has been working on composing more compassion in my heart over the past few months...

Petal Pieces

The final ray of hope drifts by
Unnoticed, like a wind swept petal—
The rose now faded, yields to death,
But none awake to mourn the loss…

Our hearts are lost in the race of time;
Our grasp at speed leaves dying petals
Now sprayed with frost by our careless wake,
We cannot see they crave our love…

What will it take before we see
The hearts that long for our compassion?
Today I wake and pray for love
To heal the wrongs which tear the roses…

1 Comments:

Blogger Brianna Graber said...

We've already talked about this topic....but I just wanted to say, I really liked this one.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home