Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Friday, June 15, 2007

#7 - Peace

This is one of the few poems I've written that I actually have memorized. It has been an inspiration many times in the midst of a troubling situation, when I remember that Christ gave us peace in any situation we may be in.

Peace

When You said “Peace I leave with you”,
I thought the sky would surely clear
As when You once rebuked a storm
Arousing Your disciples’ fear.

But no, the peace You’ve given me
Is like the calm that You displayed:
The storms can thrash the boat at will—
At rest in God the problems fade.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brianna Graber said...

That was great! How very true...so often, we put ourselves in the mindset that God will "clear everything up" since He's promised peace....instead, rather, He's promised peace in the midst of the storm.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

we put ourselves in the mindset that God will "clear everything up" since He's promised peace....instead, rather, He's promised peace in the midst of the storm.

And when we live in a mindset that God is going to clear everything up, we usually DON'T have any peace when the troubles do come... I think it is much more helpful to remember Jesus sleeping in the bottom of the fishermen's boat while the storm raged around them.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home