Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Monday, June 25, 2007

Compassion

If you haven't noticed yet, I often write several poems in a few weeks time that have a similar theme as the Holy Spirit is working on a spcific area in my heart. Here is another poem about compassion.

Compassion

His hands touched broken bodies
And soothed the pain that scarred their days;
The words he’d spoken did more yet,
It smashed the reign that sin had held—

Today his balm still heals their souls,
His hands still heal the world with love;
Come see the calm break through the storm
As he reveals his love to all—

As we are serving as he leads,
In any fashion he has planned,
The world observes that He’s alive,
His own compassion in our hearts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Compassion like that is so powerful. If Christians would truly embrace that, this world might be a different place. I'll be praying that God continues to work in your life.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Brianna Graber said...

Yes, I've noticed. :-P

This poem was great...reminds me of the song (Casting Crowns) "If We Are the Body". I really like the 2nd stanza.

Blessings,
~Brianna

4:44 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Compassion like that is so powerful. If Christians would truly embrace that, this world might be a different place.

It sure would be! If the world could see Christ's love for us, I think they'd be a lot more interested in finding out more about the source of that love...

I'll be praying that God continues to work in your life.


Thanks!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Yes, I've noticed. :-P

It would probably be pretty hard NOT to, with all the "waiting" poems I've been posting over the last month or two... :-)

This poem was great...reminds me of the song (Casting Crowns) "If We Are the Body".

That's true, it is a lot like that song, even though I wasn't thinking of it at all when I was writing it.
I think that as the Body of Christ, we are the representitives of Christ's love. If they don't see His love in us, how can we expect them to want to come to know Him?

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home