Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm Scared

Last week I realized that I usually combat fear by trying to act brave, hoping that it will make me brave - but I found myself wondering if maybe the more childlike approach would be to admit my fear and run to Father for protection...

I’m Scared

I’m scared;
For the first time,
Not afraid to admit it.

To be like a child
Has been a dream,
But every child has its fears
Of the dark places—

So instead of trying
To pretend I’m brave,
I run to Daddy,
Whisper, “I’m scared,”
And let him take my hand in his…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah . . . I feel like that quite often. Scared, uncertain, confused. Trying to act strong is a worthless effort for me. I can put on a happy face, but I can't fool myself. I'm still afraid inside, and prayer is the only thing that will help. Sometimes it takes me a while to start, but once I do, I feel close to God, and my fears diminish. *sighs* I'm uncertain about a lot of things, but I trust God to work everything out for His good. It's a great feeling to know that He's in control and watching out for me. He hears and answers every single one of my prayers . . . He's never once let me down.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

In our pride it can be so difficult to become like a child; but only when we are a child can we run into Father's arms and ask Him to hold us tight. It is so comforting to know that He is in control!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home