Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Bliss of Former Days

Remembering the joy of this day last year, and the darkness that came a few months later, and seeing the place where God has brought me to today...

The Bliss of Former Days

The bliss I found has faded,
And only vague impressions stay—
The faintest scent still linger here
Reminding me of former days…

To taste the joy of yesterday
Would resurrect so many smiles
Before the darker days had come
Where love somehow went out of style…

But as I look back on the journey,
And see the times of toil through night,
A peace on this day washes me:
For love brought me to greater heights.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack, I missed one! =P Our family has been really busy with testing this past week and a booked weekend. I had a lot of fun at game day on Friday, though. I really appreciate that your family hosts it every month, and I'm looking forward to the game day reunion! I really enjoyed your poems as well. You have a great talent with words.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Thanks, Grace. We are always glad to host gameday, and have everyone over.
Have a great April!
Ben

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home