Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The First Snowfall

It seems like athere are poems that can be almost prophetic at times... I wrote this poem about a year ago, and yet it describes quite well what God's been doing in my life since Thanksgiving.

The First Snowfall

The sacrifice is over,
And all the leaves are dead;
What once was full of color
Are grays and browns instead,

And now my heart is mourning,
My tears regret the loss,
I feel the painful burning
That travels with the cross;

But in the midst of sorrow,
An angel calls my name—
I see the winter’s herald,
And peace engulfs the pain,

When white has drowned the sorrow
A glorious light appears:
Through love I find a comfort,
For God is with me here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Country Victorian said...

The best is yet to come. It seems the Lord refines your character through these adversities and bears beautiful fruit through your poetry.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home