Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Monday, May 22, 2006

What Can I Say?

This poem was written in response to the question "if you found out you had a week left to live, what would you tell the world before you go?" Regardless of whether I have a week or a century left to live, the truths that I want to share with others of what it means to follow Christ are simple.

What Can I Say?

My days are numbered.

I see the bough bending,
I hear the snap that will come—

I wish I could toss
All that I’ve learned
Like a life preserver
To a drowning soul.

What can I say?
If I have a century,
Or a year,
Or a day,
Or a minute,

I would spend the rest of my life
Saying:

Let every step be seasoned with grace,
Every jump be made in faith,
Every touch guided
By love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home