Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What-Ifs

I wrote this poem for my sisters, both by blood and in Christ, who have given up the patterns of the world and chosen to walk by faith instead of by sight.

What-Ifs

The “what-ifs” fly like rifle bullets,
The victims fall like wounded soldiers;
The world is crying out to you,
The voices call you in their traps.

“You fool!” they scream when you hold back,
The same affront they threw at Esther—
They chase their dreams, and when they’re drowning
They grow offended ’cause you’re not.

Did Daniel ask himself “what-if”
Before he prayed illegal prayers?—
He did the task God set before him
And unafraid, he walked by faith.

The questions flew at David, too,
But could not penetrate his faith,
And he pursued Goliath’s challenge
With all the strength God gave to him.

You may be scorned and ridiculed,
You may be thrown in lions’ dens,
But life is born through faith alone,
And faith alone will lead you home.

Benjamin Graber

3 Comments:

Blogger kalipay said...

so sweet and encouraging. i hope they were blessed.

"...and when they're drowning they grow offended 'cause you're not."

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They chase their dreams, and when they’re drowning

They grow offended ’cause you’re not.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who's not . . . and I sit back and wonder what God has for me. More and more, though, I'm discovering that whatever He does have for me will be more than worth every second of my wait and wonderment. Already He's used me and is using me. I don't know why He choose me, but He did. I have no idea how much I may mean to the people whose lives God has placed me in, but I'm glad He did. He works all things for His glory. I know this. Sometime trusting it in the things unseen is hard to do, but it's what I want more than anything--to do His will and to chase after His dreams for me. Faith will lead me there. :-)

11:45 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

To live as a woman of God in today's society takes a huge amount of faith, but let me encourage you that I know that God will abundantly bless any young lady who chooses to do so.
May God bless you as you seek to do so!
Ben

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home