Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Question Marks

When we are expectantly waiting for God to reveal His plans, confident that whatever they are, they are for our good, we can actually learn to enjoy waiting. If we have faith we can come to relish the suspense of wondering what God has for us in our future.

Question Marks

You were a calligrapher
When it came to question marks,
I would wait for the response
But you’d leave me in the dark

As you lavishly would pen
Strokes with elegant design:
First you’d primly sweep a hook,
Then you’d dot a break in time—

Now I’ve come to do that, too,
Loving the elaborate curve;
Making art from question marks,
Leaving answers in reserve;

Though before I hated pauses,
I have learned to wait them through,
Knowing that the answer comes
When the chosen time is due.

Benjamin Graber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home