Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Unstoppable

In this poem I purposely left out all punctuation to stress the unstoppable characteristic of a river.

Unstoppable

Rivers never stop
can never be held back
keep going until they
discover their heart’s
desire and dive
into the ocean
when they hit a bulwark
they flood the
countryside with grace
and pause only
to scale the wall
with greater determination
and splash down
the other side
if you try to stand
against the flow
you will only get swept
away into the enthusiasm

Unstoppable
driving to the
eternity of grace
my prayer is that
I could be an
unstoppable
river.

(c) 2006 Benjamin Graber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home