Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Monday, November 28, 2005

The First Snowfall

This poem is a combination of two metaphors: autumn’s colors represent sacrifice, and snow represents peace.

The First Snowfall

The sacrifice is over,
And all the leaves are dead;
What once was full of color
Are grays and browns instead,

And now my heart is mourning,
My tears regret the loss,
I feel the painful burning
That travels with the cross;

But in the midst of sorrow,
An angel calls my name—
I see the winter’s herald,
And peace engulfs the pain,

When white has drowned the sorrow
A glorious light appears:
Through love I find a comfort,
For God is with me here!

(c) 2005 Benjamin Graber

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never get any comments. That's sad, your poetry is great. I really liked this one.
Rachel

8:25 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Thank you, Rachel. It is encouraging to receive positive comments. May God bless you.

Ben

8:52 AM  
Blogger Jenn M. said...

This poem is so rich- such a balance of beauty and pain that resonates to the core. I happened to stumble upon your blog this morning and am grateful I did!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Jenn, I'm so glad this poem was a blessing to you! Please feel free to share it with anyone else...

Ben

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home