Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Flame of Sacrifice

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:13
A large part of love is giving up your own desires for the good of another. It hurts to die to yourself, but it is a very beautiful process and gives glory to Christ. This poem is dedicated to everyone who is hurting because of such a sacrifice.

The Flame of Sacrifice

I feel as if I walk on holy ground:
The path is paved with yellow, crowned with red,
The blanket of a thousand dying dreams—
’Tis here the sacrifice of love is spread;

I lift my head and see the glowing fire
And marvel in the glory of the pain;
The leaves are dying, but they shine the more,
Their sacrifice a greater good proclaims!

Oh, friends, I know it hurts; I taste your tears,
But through the autumn color love is proved:
The flame of death is light to all the world,
For they will know that we are Christians by our love.

-Benjamin Graber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home