Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Warmth

I began this poem in my imagination as I held my sleeping daughter in my arms. She is growing up too fast...

Warmth

Why do I try to hold the threads

Of ethereal delights?
I try to weave a quilt of memories
To treasure in the night,
But it is like attempting to
Entwine the rays of light…

But if I cannot weave a quilt
To warm a heart grown cold,
I still can bask in rays of love,
Which tinge my heart with gold!
I’ll cherish every moment
Instead of grabbing hold…

The sunshine that I cherish now
Is not forever mine,
But love that saturates my heart
Will stand the test of time;
Wherever God may take you,
My love is by your side.

1 Comments:

Blogger dandelionfleur said...

That was incredibly beautiful and poignant. I can picture her cherishing your words the rest of her life.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home