Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Opened

Erecting walls makes far more sense,
So flowers don’t get trampled;
But if I dam the sunlight out,
How will the crumbs be ample?

’Tis safe to cage the eagle in,
And safe to harbor the ships,
But eagles die with a broken heart
Whenever their wings are clipped.

And so, I’ll open up my garden
And let the sunlight flood my soul,
Then maybe, even when I’m pierced,
The sky will fill the holes.

1 Comments:

Blogger dandelionfleur said...

Really beautiful! What an awesome last line to a great poem.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home