Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Azure

Daddy, may I take a spoon
And dip it in your sky?
I want to know the taste of blue,
And I think your supply
Could surely not run dry!

Daddy, may I sprinkle it
In all the rooms I play?
I want cerulean fantasies
To flavor every day
And take my breath away!

Daddy, may I take a brush
To color days gone bad?
In stormy days, beneath the covers,
Are sapphires to be had?
And could they make me glad?

Daddy, may I take a swim
In the bluest of your seas?
I want to feel your loving touch
And taste infinity—
Oh, Daddy, may I, please?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy K. Sullivan said...

I followed a link from FW and landed in a field of wonderful poetry. Each one of your works is unique and beautifully written.
God Bless.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Graber said...

Thank you, Nancy! I love to pour out my heart through poetry, and it is always a blessing to hear that I've touched the heart of someone else...
Blessings to you!
Ben

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home