Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Adequate

I wrote this poem while praying for a friend with a broken love story, but I think it can reach to the heart of anyone dealing with feeling inadequate...

Adequate

In marble halls where moonlight danced
We once wrote ballads full of love,
Composing poems made of stardust
To melodies our hearts would sing;

But now the poems are fading away,
For I was inadequate
To give you all the words you wanted…

In verdant hills where sunshine rippled
We once built cabins made of dreams,
Each room a story of its own
And each one furnished full of romance;

But now the cabins are eroding,
For I was inadequate
To bring to life the dreams we had…

A little hell, a heart on fire,
Now fears and doubts assail my soul;
You are not here to ward them off,
You broke the trust I kept in you…

I’m living in a world of pain
’Cause I was inadequate
To be the princess you required…

But in the postscript of a broken love story
I do not read a tale of failures;
Could there be hope for broken hearts,
An ending like a fairy tale?

I see the dawning of the sun,
’Cause I am adequate
For bottomless love that never ends,
For boundless grace to heal my scars,
For sweet compassion never failing;
And I am adequate
For my perfect place in the plans
That my Father crafted just for me…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home