Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Friday, July 22, 2005

Contentment

Contentment

To watch the valley from the mountain
And revel in the view
Instead of seeing someone there
And wishing it was you.

(c) 2005 Benjamin Graber

This is the shortest poem I've ever written, but I really like the metaphor. Too often we look "out there somewhere" for happiness, not realizing that God has us where we are for a reason, and we can be perfectly happy in His plans for us.
This poem sprang from some of the things God has been teaching me the past few months. I tend to dream, like most young people, and can become discontent when I don't see my dreams come true. But I've been learning that God's dreams are much better than mine, and I can be content with whatever are His plans for my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home