Climbing Rainbows

"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all the living creatures of every kind on the earth." -Genesis 9:16

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Born Again

I feel the pressure
To leave my comfort zone,
And I’m terrified.

Terrified,
Because darkness is all I’ve known,
Because this cage is warm
And I don’t know what is out
In the world beyond my cell.

But the time has come
And the pressure mounts;
I am forced to leave my home,
And dare the world.

The terrifying journey
Becomes more terrifying,
As I’m squeezed
And shoved,
And pushed down,
Down,
Through the ring of fire.

Then, with one final push,
I am cast into a whole new world.

Light bathes my face,
And for the first time
I breathe fresh air.

I hear a voice I recognize,
And look up;
I see two eyes filled with love,
I feel two arms that keep me safe,
And here with Daddy
I know I’m home.

1 Comments:

Blogger dandelionfleur said...

Really enjoyed the double meanings within this piece. A Father's love--nothing comes close to it.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home